Moving ahead with our series on Google, we present to you, Google Cloud Console (GCC). Google Cloud Console. The name would certainly sound complicated but believe me, it’s not. Let’s simplify it.
Understanding Cloud Computing
What is cloud computing? What do you understand by cloud computing? Cloud Computing is the on-demand availability of resources that are needed for data storage and computing power. Additionally, Cloud Computing is the delivery of computing services including servers, storage, database, networking, software, machinery, etc. In simple words, Cloud Computing is the process of working on a cloud. Cloud is a platform that provides you with storage and resources to keep your data safe and protected.
Besides, many websites, businesses, and technologies are hosted on the cloud today. Nonetheless, the primary benefit of using cloud services is that your data remains intact from physical damage. Additionally, it remains safe, easily accessible, and available.
What is Google Cloud Console?
Google Cloud Console, often known as Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is nothing but a cloud service by Google. There are various cloud platforms. Some of the most common cloud platforms are the Amazon Web Services (AWS) by Amazon, Microsoft Azure by Microsoft, and Google Cloud Console by Google. However, Google cloud has a significant dominance over the cloud market as it specializes in high compute offerings such as big data, analytics, machine learning, blockchain, mainframe, etc. Additionally, it also offers considerable scale, balance, and speed.
Statistics represent that the use of Google Cloud console grew from 18 % in 2018 to 19% in 2019. Moreover, as of now, approximately 1 million companies are using the Google cloud platform for their services. Globally, Google runs in the 4th position with 4.6 % of the global market share in context with cloud hosting. Furthermore, there are currently over 8 million live websites hosted with the help of Google Cloud.
Different Products offered by Google Cloud Console
Google Cloud offers a variety of products in various categories. The list is mentioned below:
1. Artificial intelligence & Machine Learning: AI Hub (beta), Cloud AutoML (beta), Cloud TPU, Cloud Machine Learning Engine, Diagflow Enterprise Edition, etc.
2. API management: API Analytics, API Monetization, Cloud Endpoints, Developer Portal, Cloud Healthcare API
3. Compute: Compute Engine, Shielded VMs, Container Security, App Engine, Cloud Functions, GPU, etc.
4. Data Analytics: BigQuery, Cloud Dataflow, Cloud Dataproc, Cloud Datalab, Cloud Dataprep, Cloud Composer, etc.
5. Databases: Cloud SQL, Cloud Bigtable, Cloud Spanner, Cloud Datastore, Cloud Memorystore
6. Developer Tools: Cloud SDK, Container Registry, Cloud Build, Cloud Source Repositories, Cloud Tasks, and more, as well as Cloud Tools for IntelliJ, PowerShell, Visual Studio, and Eclipse
7. Internet of Things (IoT): Cloud IoT Core, Edge TPU (beta)
8. Management Tools: Stackdriver, Monitoring, Trace, Logging, Debugger, Cloud Console, etc.
9. Migration: Cloud Data Transfer, Transfer Appliance, BigQuery Data Transfer Service, Velostrata, VM Migration, etc.
10. Networking: Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Cloud Load Balancing, Cloud Armor, Cloud CDN, Cloud NAT, Cloud Interconnect, Cloud VPN, Cloud DNS, Network Service Tiers, Network Telemetry
11. Security: Access Transparency, Cloud Identity, Cloud Data Loss Prevention, Cloud Key Management Service, Cloud Security Scanner, etc.
12. Storage: Cloud Storage, Persistent Disk, Cloud Filestore, etc.
Features of Google Cloud Console
The question which begs now is why Google Cloud? The answer to this question is very long and convincing as Google Cloud provides a strong infrastructure for future needs. It is highly secure, user-friendly, cost-effective, and is also constantly growing. Additionally, it promotes live migration, customizable machine types, and load balancers. Furthermore, it provides the most advanced and powerful data and analytics technologies and promotes Big Data services, context-oriented applications, and machine intelligence. Besides, it is easy to use and is easily accessible and available. Also, the facility of containers in the Google Cloud Computing platform simplifies codes and helps in fast and easy execution. Also, other advantages include pricing, hosting, debugging, and easy maintenance.
Cloud Computing refers to the on-demand availability of required resources for data storage and computing facility. In simple words, Cloud Computing is the process of working on a cloud which is a storage platform for data. Therefore, Google Cloud console is simply a cloud computing platform offered by Google like many other companies. However, it holds a market share of 4.6% globally with more than 18 million live websites being hosted on it. There are different products provided by the Google cloud platform according to the various categories such as AI-ML, API management, database, IoT, network, storage, etc. Google Cloud console is user-friendly, cost-effective, and comes with a list of features such as load balancers, debuggers, and containers, etc. Other common features include easy maintenance, speed, and availability.
To read more articles, click here.